- Any person may become a member of the Society by contacting
the Secretary and by paying dues.
- There will be the following classes of membership: regular,
student, postdoctoral researcher, and emeritus.
Bylaws pursuant to membership:
- Members will have an interest in English language or English
linguistics research and teaching.
- Any student may become a member if enrolled as a candidate
for a degree in a recognized institution of higher education.
Secondary/high school students may also become members,
if their application is supported by a letter of recommendation
from a school adviser.
- Membership will cease when a member submits his or her
resignation to the secretary in writing, or owes the Society
more than two years’ dues.
Conditions and rights of membership are described on the Constitution
page of the website.
||free (with evidence)
To apply to join ISLE you will first need to create a unique login
About the login code
The login code is unique to you, and consists of two parts, a username
- Usernames may include letters, numbers and spaces. You
do not have to use the same username that you use on your institution’s
- Passwords are case sensitive, should contain at least
five characters, and not all characters should be alphabetic.
You are advised to pick a password that you will remember.
As a general rule, never use a secure system password to
log on to a website.
Register your login code
Tip: If you are already registered, the website will simply log you in.